www.armenian.ch www.armenian.ch
All Good-Willed Armenians

Wanted: SARKISOFF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.armenian.ch Forum Index -> Small talk | Big talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Les goûts et les couelurs... Reply with quote Back to top

j'en connais d'autres, mais ils ont peur de sortir du bois pour déclarer qu'ils préfèrent Cobalt. De toute façon, ils suffit de configurer votre browser avec un auto-login pour passer directement dans la couleur que vous préférez, alors il n'y a pas de problème de couleurs !

Wizard

iminhokis
Wizards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uebersetzung:

"Ich kenne andere, aber sie haben Angst sich zu zeigen und zuzugeben, dass sie Cobalt bevorziehen. So oder so, könnt Ihr Euren Browser so einstellen, dass ihr direkt auf das Auto-Login gerät und das Forum in der Farbe findet, wie es euch passt. ES gibt also kein Problem des Board Styles!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dave, Will the guest also be able to choose the Appalacia or subSilver style?

For me, it's absolutely no problem. I've made my settings, it's Appalacia. So I don't have to login, I just click my bookmark-link http://www.armenian.ch/~forum/phpBB2/index.php? and I'm in.

But for the guest it's maybe not very confortable. The Cobald is really a cool design, but I think for the most of the visitors, especially the guests, it's too dark.
What is the conclusion? They won't feel "at home" and so, they won't use it often... and don't we want to have as many members and guest as possible?

I have a good idea: why don't we change the Style every 6 month? This might be very attractive for the guest too.

wizard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: About Cobalt, one more Reply with quote Back to top

Why I don't change Cobalt to Apalatruc or something else ?

- I like it in blue (that's just for fun)
- I want to have a very recognizable look: there is many (much too many) forums with the grey look, they all have the same look. Try them, after 20 seconds, you don't know on which server you are (no, I won't give you the link to go and see elsewhere, you know these forums better than I Wink )

The cobalt look is blue like the first page of armenian.ch (design by Diana, not by myself) and is very special (I admit), i.e. recognizable, so it's the perfect choice !

For Andy: no, visitors can not change the skin, I don't think that changing the skin every 6 months is a good idea Confused

Wizard

Last edited by wizard on Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

iminhokis
Wizards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And what is the aim in being different from the others, if 90% of your active members wish to change it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
wizard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Cobalt Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as I said, and as Andy very well understood, the question does not address our users but only the visitors, since registered users can choose the skin (and anybody can get a login!).

So for all our members, the question is non-relevant, they don't care, they access the board and get the color they want (by the way, if somebody wants to create a skin, it's possible too!).

I hope you'll all undersatnd this. Now if this should be suchs a hot topic that I get a bomb under my iMac, well, then I may be tempted to, maybe, slighly move my position Wink ...

Wizard

iminhokis
Wizards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know well that for the registered users it may not be a problem
and by the way it is not a problem only a suggestion for improovement

an improvement is always something you do because you experienced something and you would like to make it "better" for the others

so if 90% of the registered members give their suggestion then they either just spend their time on stupid things by giving such sensless ideas, or else they really feel that it would be the best for the site, further to their own experience.

I see it as simple as this. But i think the whole "issue" is only a matter of principe.

wizard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Ask them all Reply with quote Back to top

We have more than 100 registered users, and about 30 participating to the topics, only 10 gave their choice about colors, and only 8 want grey
(see http://www.armenian.ch/%7Eforum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=461&start=0).

I think we don't have 80% of the users yet claiming about the colors and we already have crazy colors in the Galleries... (I always use my sunglases to look at the Galleries, but I decided not to say anything since I gave Gev the responsibility of the Galleries and he made a great job).

I understand that your remarks are for the better, but I'm not conviced yet (I know, it's difficult to arguement with me). Til now I only got as argument "it's too dark". My argument is "forums in grey are already everywhere on the internet", especially on the small_hay_intranet_world. So let's be different. I also think that the hierarchy of the different parts (News, Forum,...) are better understandable on the fisrt view on cobalt. The grey look sucks the hierarchy. It sucks at all Wink

That's it for now. Anyhow, we are preparing a Chat (yes!) and a Calendar where users will be able to add contributions and annouce events, so there will be places to fight about colors, borders and icons positions ! Be ready for the big war ! And, Iminhokis, don't panic, I already agreed to keep a grey-lightgrey-darkgrey look to the Agenda (with some grey also) !

Thanks to all of you for your future help,

Your wizard

alis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Farbsymbolik

Blau
Westliche Kulturen: Blau ist die Farbe des Himmels; Symbolfarbe für Ruhe, Vertrauen, Pflichttreue, Schönheit und Sehnsucht. Es kann aber auch Traumtänzerei, Nachlässigkeit oder Melancholie bedeuten.
Wasser - Himmel - Meer - Ruhe - Eis - Kälte - Schönheit

Grau
Westliche Kulturen: Grau bedeutet vollkommene Neutralität, Vorsicht, Zurückhaltung und Kompromissbereitschaft. Es symbolisiert auch Langeweile, Einsamkeit, Leblosigkeit und Unsicherheit.
Grau ist die Farbe des Betons, steht für Grossstädte und für Umweltverschmutzung.
Langeweile / Eintönigkeit - Nebel - Beton - Stadt - Trauer

Quelle: http://visor.unibe.ch/~bkersten/IAD/Farbwahrnehmung.pdf

Das spricht mehr für blau/cobalt, finde ich. Ausserdem heisst das Forum-Tool ja auch Cobalt. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is better to change the headline off this doubtful topic, or discuss in the topic specially created for it: link

Confused Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.armenian.ch Forum Index -> Small talk | Big talk All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: