www.armenian.ch www.armenian.ch
All Good-Willed Armenians

what about MAFIA ... Armenian Mafia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.armenian.ch Forum Index -> Small talk | Big talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyeScorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: what about MAFIA ... Armenian Mafia Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry. I am not taking about Mafia. Cool I am talking about a game called Mafia. Very Happy It could be described as a card game, although it's more of an experiment in psychology and mass hysteria!

does anybody know that game? NO? Surprised , you missed a lot!
I have played that once. you can read the rules here.
http://www.princeton.edu/~mafia/

it seams like it is the best group game( 12+). and i thought that we can try to play togather sometime.

Tami and Andy , have a look at it, maybe we can also play that game on the summercamp event. what you think?

or ... we can also gather at the Acumb, or somewhere outside with a picknik.... just like that!

anyone is welcome share their ideas !!!

come ON , it is SUMMER TIME , we have to have activites EVERY WEEKEND , and not 3.5 time per year ! Wink Laughing

as Tami would sing with me:

Yelek, martik.
Yelek barenk menk.

so ... if you think that you think that you feel that you are feeling convinced about the feeling to feel good and spend good time among other armenians and non-armenians , reply !

we need about 12+ playes to start. and as soon as the number of interested mafia players will be enaugh we can open a topic in the EVENTS & DATING section and start to think about the time and place.
Laughing Very Happy

HyeScorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

in short :

Rules of Mafia

The Introduction. On this page, we present the basic rules of Mafia. At the bottom of the page, you will find a large number of variants. Frequently encountered minor variants are noted in the rules in grey.

The Scenario. Mafia is a game that pits the forces of light against the forces of darkness. The players in a game of Mafia are residents of a small Italian village. The village is being terrorized by the mafia. During the night, the mafia roam about the village, selecting a law-abiding civilian as their victim. During the day, the villagers gather together, seeking justice, and vote to convict one of their number of secretly being a member of the mafia.

The Number of Players. 12+ ideal, may accept 8-12 with slight modifications. No maximum number, although becomes unwieldy with 24+.

The Equipment. One standard deck of cards.

The Goal of the Game. The goal is different depending on what sort of player you are. If you are a member of the mafia, your goal is to kill off all the civilians in the game. If you are a civilian, your goal is to kill off the mafia before they kill you off. If you are the angel, you are on the side of the civilians and share their goal.

The Deal. One player is selected each round to be the moderator. The moderator does not participate in the game as a player, but manages the game and remains absolutely neutral. The moderator shall choose cards out of the deck representing:

Mafia: K Q J Clubs
Angel: the queen of hearts (Use the queen of diamonds if you have a second angel)
Civilians: red numbered cards 2-9

more you can find here -> http://www.princeton.edu/~mafia/rules.htm

iminhokis
Wizards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didnt understand this game, but it is difficult to say if we are goin gto play it or not. Cause we dont know how many people we will be (as some people say "yes, but not sure yet")!

but as far as i understood it is a game that only needs cards, right?
well if this is the case, then i suggest that you bring some cards and if the weather is rainy or if at night we are not up to sleep (hopefully) we could exercise some mafia lessons......... Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a very cool game! Lev told me yesterday how to play it, and I think everyone will look forward to play this game!

I will explain the rules in German, anytime later here in the topic...

Hrant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andy wrote:
It's a very cool game! Lev told me yesterday how to play it, and I think everyone will look forward to play this game!

Andy jan can you remember how many glasses of alchohol had Levon drunk before telling you this story...?

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hrant wrote:
Andy jan can you remember how many glasses of alcohol had Levon drunk before telling you this story...?

Rolling Eyes Hmm, I think I don't have that many fingers to count it. Give me 5 more fingers, and I'll be able to count it. Very Happy Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.armenian.ch Forum Index -> Small talk | Big talk All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: