www.armenian.ch www.armenian.ch
All Good-Willed Armenians

Moving to Schweiz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.armenian.ch Forum Index -> Small talk | Big talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michele Matossian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Moving to Schweiz Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! My husband and I are thinking about moving to Switzerland in June. Are there any Amenians around Thun or Bern who could tell us a little about the area? Chris is a climber and I am an artist. We will be looking for work in carpentry (him) and teaching computer graphics (me) so any ideas or information you have about what things cost or pay would be very helpful. We look forward to meeting you when we arrive in June! Very Happy

Andy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Michele

Nice to hear form you. Welcome in the armenian.ch forum!

Yes, there are some Armenians around Thun and Berne. The area is very nice. Not far away from the mountains (climbing) and lakes, but also close to cities like Berne, Biel, Solothurn, Fribourg, Thun, Interlaken... To check the map of Switzerland, visit: Arrow http://map.search.ch

So, the Public Transport System in Switzerland is very good (too good), but not very cheap, comparing to other countries.

To find a good job, just browse some Job-Portals. Here you can find some good Websites:
Arrow http://www.armenian.ch/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=403

To know how much things cost here in Switzerland, the Migros (a big store) is a good reference: Arrow www.migros-shop.ch (but never ever think about using their CUMULUS Card, except you're a good friend of BigBrother).

So, do you already have a place to live in? If you're looking for a flat, you can find something on: Arrow www.homegate.ch , www.immo.ch or www.homescout24.ch

If you have any further questions just let us know! We are a big community here in Switzerland and our main website is armenian.ch - where you can find all the important news and infos about event etc.

I hope to see you in June on some Armenian Events. There is quite a lot going on here in Switzerland. We are organising many things for the Armenian community. For this, just check Arrow "Events & Datings" or browse our agenda on armenian.ch

Btw... what kind of artist are you? You said you're teaching computer graphics, right? Sounds interesting, cause I like that kind of stuff! Wink

So, which country will you leave for Switzerland?

Regards,

Andy

iminhokis
Wizards

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Parev Michelle,

Fist of all, welcome to the Forum, pari yegak.

Bern / Thun ist not the region with most Armenians, but there are some. As for the community, Switzerland is so small and those who really seek for Armenianity can and do move from city to city to get united, its not soo far.

As for Job Search, I did not really understand if you already have or will look for a job. Should you not have work permission this might be difficult and online job engines do not accept applications.

How comes you would like to come to Switzerland, and where from?

Right now, it is rainy and cold but summer is coming and Armenian Community will dance to the summer....and welcome you in June.

See you then,

greetz,
Tam

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving to Schweiz Reply with quote Back to top

Michele Matossian wrote:
Hi! My husband and I are thinking about moving to Switzerland in June...

Do we have some news Armenians in Switzerland? Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.armenian.ch Forum Index -> Small talk | Big talk All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: