Joined: 06 May 2005
| Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:30 am Post subject: Armenian Test
|Take this test and find out!
Give yourself one point for each "yes" you give to the following statements:
1. You have at least one Persian rug or crocheted tablecloth. 2. You frequently use expressions like "oaf, eel, and eyaah." 3. You talk with your hands when you're on the phone. 4. You have at least one inlaid tavli board in your closet. 5. You have philo dough, string cheese or See's candy in your freezer. 6. You think Fresno is the capital of California. 7. You get five o'clock shadow at two-thirty. Men) 8. You serve hummus and tabbouleh with your taco chips.9. You don't buy anything unless you can get it for at least 50%off.
10. You have at least one fruit tree and a patch of cilantro growing in your
Back yard. 11. You save string and toothpicks from restaurants.
12. You think a "chinook" is a shelf to display your teapots. 13. You have a crock of clarified butter under your sink. 14. You have a picture of Mt. Ararat hanging in your garage. 15. You have a jar of tuttu in your refrigerator or a box of Uncle Ben's converted rice in your pantry. 16. You think the Star Trek Kardasians are an ancient Armeniantribe. 17. You shovel food on other people's plates when they aren't looking 18. You think pilaf is one of the four food groups.
Super bonus points:
1. Add two points if you've ever told anyone that former California Governor
George Deukmejian was a relative.
2. Add two points if you have a video tape of old "Mannix" reruns. 3. Add five points if you have a recording of Charles Aznavour.
Interpreting your score:
0-5 points: Let's face it, you're not an Armenian.
6-10 points: You probably know a lot of Armenians or are married to one.
11-15 points: Chances are extremely high that you're Armenian.
15-20 or more: There's no doubt about it, you'll never fool anyone. You're probably planning a trip to the old country right now.