www.armenian.ch www.armenian.ch
All Good-Willed Armenians

American Film Festival Award: The story of my name

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iminhokis
Wizards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: American Film Festival Award: The story of my name Reply with quote Back to top

October 27, 2006 | Los Angeles

Press Release
Humanistische Omroep
tel.: 00 31 35-6722035;
annelies.de.korver@hos.nl
p.o. Box 135, 1200 AC HILVERSUM,
The Netherlands
www.humanistischeomroep.nl

AMERICAN FILM AWARD FOR HUMANIST BROADCASTING FOUNDATION

Dorothee Forma awarded for The Story of my Name- an Armenian History
- at the Arpa International Film Festival in Hollywood.

>>From the festival jury rapport:
The AFFMA film award is given to the filmmaker who best represents the ideals of independent thought, artistic vision, cultural diversity and social understanding.
This year, the AFFMA award is presented to Dorothee Forma, film producer for the Humanist Broadcasting Foundation in The Netherlands. Ms. Forma's documentary "A Wall of Silence" screened at the 2nd Arpa International Film Festival in 1999. That film paralleled the personal and professional lives of Turkish historian Taner Akcam and Armenian historian Vahakn Dadrian and their call for international recognition of the Armenian Genocide.
This year, Arpa honors her for "The story of My Name", a film documenting Alex Peltekian's discovery of his cultural ancestry and his journey to his grandfather's homeland.

"The Story of my Name" was produced with support of the Dutch Cultural Broadcasting Fund

More Information:
Annelies de Korver, tel.: 00 31 35-6722035; annelies.de.korver@hos.nl
p.o. Box 135, 1200 AC HILVERSUM, the Netherlands

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.armenian.ch Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: