www.armenian.ch www.armenian.ch
All Good-Willed Armenians

TANYA SEGHATCHIAN (producer Harry Potter) wins award

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iminhokis
Wizards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: TANYA SEGHATCHIAN (producer Harry Potter) wins award Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

[img]http://www.bafta.org/site/jsp/jahia/templates/myjahiasite/corporate_portal_templates/images/header.gif[/img]
home > the academy > publications > academy articles

TANYA SEGHATCHIAN

"I've never consciously aimed to win an award. The real greats like Welles and Hitchcock never won them. So, if you set out to, you're going down the wrong path. But, if you're not making multiplex movies, if you're making smaller productions, an award of this stature can have a significant impact on the fate of your film, and your next one, in terms of attracting audiences, cinemas and financiers.

'For me, it was just extraordinary to think that there were 20 people on that jury, and they decided to give the award for Outstanding British Film to us in an astounding year - the same year of Vera Drake and a new Harry Potter movie. It's fantastically gratifying and quite humbling."

Tanya Seghatchian, joint winner, the Alexander Korda Award for Outstanding British Film of the Year (My Summer Of Love), the Orange British Academy Film Awards

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
wizard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Tanya Seghatchian Reply with quote Back to top

Tanya Seghatchian a coproduit HARRY POTTER À L’ÉCOLE DES SORCIERS et HARRY POTTER ET LA CHAMBRE DES SECRETS de Chris Columbus et a travaillé de près avec Alfonso Cuarón sur ce troisième épisode, dont elle est productrice exécutive.
Outre la saga HARRY POTTER, à laquelle elle est attachée depuis plusieurs années, Tanya Seghatchian a produit récemment MY SUMMER MY LOVE de Pawel Pawlikowski. Intervieweuse réputée, elle a organisé et présenté l’Orange Screenwriting Series à laquelle participèrent plusieurs scénaristes cités à l’Oscar et au British Academy Award.
Avant de participer aux côtés de David Heyman à la création de la société de production Heyday Films, elle avait travaillé comme rédactrice en chef sur la série BBC de Jimmy McGovern " The Lakes" et produit et réalisé pour BBC Television plusieurs documentaires sélectionnés au British Academy Award.
Elle est licenciée de l’Université de Cambridge, dont elle dirigea durant ses études la légendaire troupe des Footlights.

Bandes annonce My Summer of Love & Harry Potter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.armenian.ch Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: