The swiss invest forum is an initiative of the Swiss Organisation for Facilitating Investments (SOFI). Its objective is to facilitate Swiss enterprises engaged in direct investment and related business partnerships in international markets, with emphasis on economies under development and in transition.
The Forum provides a platform for enterprises to…:
- identify new opportunities for business partnerships and investments
- understand recent investment-related developments in target regions
- exchange experience and knowledge
- learn about financing sources and supporting services
- develop networks and co-operations
- meet specialists and get one-to-one advice on specific issues at an experts marketplace.
The core activity of the forum is a two-day conference that will take place annually in the month of June. The first conference is scheduled for June 12 and 13, 2006 at the Kongresshaus Zurich.
June 12, 2006 - Program hints
10:40 - 11:10
How Political and Economic Transition Creates New Markets ?
- How does transition create new market demand ?
- What are the opportunities for newcomers ?
- A success story of a Swiss manufacturer operating internationally.
with H.E. Karen Chshmaritian, Minister of Trade and Economic Development of Armenia and Dr. Bernhard W. Stauch, Member of Board of Directors, Franke Holding AG.
12:00 - 12:40
Panel Discussion: Going Abroad - Is it Worth the Hassle ?
- What are the most frequent problems when investing abroad ?
- What are the success factors ?
- Who succeeds and who fails ?
- The risks of investing, the risks of not investing.
- Reports on experiences.
with Mike Baronian, CEO, Azad AG; Paul Zumbühl, CEO, Interroll Holding AG; Dr. Bernhard W. Stauch, Member of Board of Directors, Franke Holding AG; Eva Jaisli, CEO, PB Baumann GmbH.